The Cat-644 is a computer I've been developing around an Atmega 644 microcontroller
|Newest| . . . |<<Newer| . . . [viewing Oldest]
- Started in 2013 - This might become a vintage computer before I complete it!
- Atmega 644, 20Mhz, 4k internal SRAM (possibly upgradable to Atmega 1284 with 16k SRAM)
- 128k bitbanged SRAM: used as VRAM and XRAM
- VGA output, maximum of 64 colors at 512x240, software cycle-counted race-the-beam
- PS/2 keyboard
- RS-232 serial port
- SD Card
- 11 Khz mono 8-bit sound output
- expandable SPI bus: some experiments have been done with SPI-based ethernet shield originally intended for arduino
- It has been 'hardware complete' for a long time, and I have test programs for each piece of hardware, and combinations of hardware. (VGA + sound + keyboard all together was hard)a
- In previous retrochallenges, I started writing an OS for this thing, in a mix C and Assembly.
(view all as one document)